These are by far my favorite cupcake creation! I have adapted my recipe from (http://www.williams-sonoma.com/recipe/vanilla-cupcakes.html ) for vanilla cupcakes and (http://willowbirdbaking.com/2011/03/20/three-safe-to-eat-cookie-doughs-chocolate-chip-sugar-and-cake-batter/) for cookie dough bites.
Cupcake Recipe (Makes 24 Cupcakes)
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 12 tbs. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 whole egg plus 2 egg whites, at room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup milkDirections
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F
2. In a bowl sift the flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Using a handheld or electric mixer, beat the sugar and butter together on medium-high speed until the mixture becomes light and fluffy. Reduce the speed and add the eggs and egg whites one at a time. Be sure to mix well between each addition. Then add vanilla.
4. Add the flour mixture in 3 additions, alternate with the milk in 2 additions. Increase the speed after it is just combined for about 30 seconds until all the flour is mixed. Be careful not to over mix. I will often to this step by hand to make sure that I do not over work the batter.
5. Fill the cupcake tin about 1/2 full will batter, then push in your frozen cookie dough balls just until the side are covered with batter. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
6. Let completely cool and then use a small knife to cut out a cone shape inside the cupcake to stuff with cookie dough.
Cookie Dough Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons water
With an handheld beater or electric beater, cream together the butter and sugar. One creamed, stir in the flour, salt and vanilla. Add water one tablespoon at a time (stirring between each) until the dough reaches cookie dough consistency. Lastly, mix in the chocolate chips.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 cups of sifted powdered sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese (room temp)
- 1 stick of unsalted butter (room temp)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
1. Beat together the cream cheese and butter until fulled combined
2. Add the powdered sugar one cup at a time, after two cups add the vanilla to thin the frosting a bit. If you like the frosting thinner you can add water. Only add a teaspoon at a time, once the frosting is too thin it is very hard to thicken up!
3. Separate the frosting into two batches. In one batch add the two tablespoons of cocoa powder. This will make the chocolate frosting.
4. Line the pastry bag on one side with chocolate frosting and the other side with the vanilla frosting.
5. Pipe your assembled cupcakes!
Happy Baking! :]